08 Oct Head Gardener – Private Estate
Head Count : 1
Job Status : JOB_OPENED
Company : Klaret Services (UK) Limited
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Industry : Private Household
Location : Guildford, UK , Surrey, United Kingdom
Head Gardener- Large Private Estate – Surrey London
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Head Gardener to join this prestigious Private Estate in Surrey. The Head Gardener and will play a key role in contributing to the development and improvement of one of the UK’s finest estates, where our aim is to consistently achieve excellence.
The Head Gardener will be responsible for the day to day management of a team of 4 professional gardeners ensuring the gardens are developed and maintained to the highest standards aesthetic and horticultural standards.
Your role will include:
- Taking a leading role in development plans and providing professional input, energy and flexibility with regard to priorities, time scales, budgets, resources and effective delivery.
- Leading the garden team effectively and professionally, and with energy and enthusiasm.
- Taking direct responsibility for the line management of all garden staff, including performance management, objective setting and professional development.
- Financial: Accountability for approved budgets and the management and reduction of
costs where possible
- Health and Safety: Taking ownership of safe working practices within the garden and estate team and ensuring potential hazards are managed
Salary & Benefits
- £30,000 per annum
- Accommodation is provided in the form of a 2-3 bedroom House.
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank holidays
- Private Health Care
The Head Gardener must hold a recognised qualification, at least Level 2 or equivalent in horticulture. Previous professional gardening and maintenance experience, ideally gained in a large garden environment. Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, confidence in decision-making. PA1/PA6 spraying certificates and experience of irrigation systems.
This stunning estate includes extensive lawns, woodland areas, mixed shrub and herbaceous borders and formal gardens. Duties will include soil cultivation, bed preparation and planting a wide variety of trees, shrubs, herbaceous perennials and bedding plants, as per the planting schedule. Full uniform and PPE will be provided.
We are in a position to organised interviews immediately so please email your CV through for further information. This is an opportunity not to be missed!